cliveb wrote:
> If you just want to be able to buy a piece of hardware that will
> integrate into your LMS system, pre-built RaspberryPi + HiFiBerry in a
> case packages are starting to appear on eBay. Here's are two examples on
> the UK eBay site:
> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DBM-Network-Audio-Player-Music-Streamer-DLNA-UPNP-HiFiBerry-Squeezebox-/281427452471?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item4186622237
> and
> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HifiBerry-DAC-Music-Streamer-/131292006075?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item1e919d06bb
> (Not cheap, but neither is Sonos).

Actually, that IS cheap compared to Sonos.  $200-$250 USD is right where
I want to be, although I certainly wouldn't mind paying less when I can.
Thanks for posting those links.

pablolie wrote:
> i still miss a good primer on this. there's always a reference it's
> around somewhere, but is there an idiot's quide to building a community
> squeezebox replacement somewhere? or can we buy a packaged one? i don't
> want to compile, install and troubleshoot. i'd rather pay $200.

Amen.  Almost all the commercial boxes I see are well above that.

2-SB3s, 1-Duet, 1-Touch.  Mac Mini as a server.  iPeng is my controller
of choice.