I was handed a pair of interconnect cables to try out instead of my old
ones. These are much more expensive cables than mine.

I did some compares of them by switching .... back and forth ..... but
don't think I can hear any difference.

I then thought about a different way to do it all.

I take 1 of each different cable and connect one to left channel of
preamp and the other to right channel. I then switch my preamp to mono
and play a music file and listen .... to left and then right and then
left and then right and onwards. This allows me to listen to each
channel that is working with a different interconnect so that I can do a
compare.

I think I hear a difference. I'm just not sure if this test is truthful
or not. On opinion of all ..... is this a good practice for acurate
testing.

Many thanks in my advance for your advise.