bklaas wrote:
> Greetings Zombie Squeezebox Owners,
>
> If you navigate to Radio->Staff Picks->Ben's Picks>Podcasts, the list
> has been refreshed with some new picks. Two trivia/quiz show style, one
> sports commentary, and one music-based podcast.
>
> Ask Me Another (NPR) blends brainteasers and local pub trivia night with
> comedy and music into a rambunctious hour-long show. Play along as Host
> Ophira Eisenberg invites in-studio guests and listeners alike to stretch
> their noggins, tickle their funny bones, and enjoy witty banter and
> guitar riffs from house musician Jonathan Coulton. What you'll hear
> resembles the casual intimacy of game night at a friend's house: one
> where scores are forgotten in favor of hilarious gaffes. More here:
> http://www.npr.org/programs/ask-me-another/?showDate=2014-11-20
>
> Good Job, Brain! is a free weekly clean audio podcast that's part quiz
> show & part offbeat news. It's the ultimate nutrition for your brain. So
> eat up! Good Job, Brain! was started through a kickstarter project and
> is independently produced. More here: http://www.goodjobbrain.com/
>
> Hang Up And Listen from Slate is weekly, heady and humorous sports
> commentary. Worth a listen if you enjoy sports but not ESPN. More here
> http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/hang_up_and_listen.html
>
> Music for Programming is a periodically updated podcast of ambient music
> specifically designed for use when focusing on coding (or other
> focus-necessary activities). It's reminiscent of e.g. Soma's Groove
> Salad, but it's definitely its own animal. More here:
> http://www.musicforprogramming.net/
>
> Finallly, Alec Baldwin got into one too many absurd verbally abusive
> scenes with the public and decided to remove himself from the scrutiny
> of the masses, and as a result his consistently excellent "Here's the
> Thing" podcast is no more. So, I removed that one from the list.
>
> Several years post-squeezebox "death", my 10 squeezeboxes are all
> chugging along nicely, thankyouverymuch.
>
> Never give up! Never surrender!
>
> cheers,
> #!/ben

Thanks ! Wil have a listen :) . Long live squeezebox ( hell hydra )

Speaking of the whole Idea with " staff picks " it is quite typical of
the squeezebox universe ideas are rarely realised to thier full
potential.

What " squeezenetwork " would have benefitted from in the past was
something like curated content picking that's actively maintained and
maybe even some weekly shows .

Idea ? Let some music interested forum members pick thier stuff .

"Jazz picks by xxxxx" " indie with yyyyyy" " nnnnn's classic picks "

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)