Wrong forum? Would have been more sensible to post this in 3rd party
software if you ask me.

In my opinion, the Logitech app is slow (sometimes almost unresponsive)
and limited in functionality (it doesn't integrate nicely with some of
the plugins). Some other controller apps are prettier. The Logitech app
hasn't been updated in quite some time - thus, the current release
hasn't been tested against recent versions of Android.

I like Orange Squeeze. Its GUI feels snappy. The album art display looks
good. Overall, it's been running smoothly for me although I currently am
affected by a bug in the latest version.

Squeezer is a FOSS option. I've tested early builds. There was much to
like, but the app didn't seem 100% stable and solid to me. But it's an
app to watch.