ralphy wrote:
> I've attached patches for servers running linux/osx, won't work for
> windows, that I use to bypass this problem.
>
> The original patch came from a bugzilla report that I can't find at the
> moment.
>
> I've only tested this with a Canadian SiriusXM subscription, it may not
> work for the US.
>
> Download the appropriate patch for your version of lms.
>
> Change to the top level install directory for your server.  Mine is in
> /opt/logitechmediaserver
>
> cd /opt/logitechmediaserver
> patch -p1 < /path/to/appropriate/patchfile/for/your/lms/version
>
> and restart lms.
>
> The patch modifies Slim/Plugin/Sirius/ProtocolHandler.pm.  I'd suggest
> making a copy before attempting to patch it.

Thanks Ralphy.  I'm a complete "copy/paste and follow exact
instructions" linux guy (with no other knowledge of linux).  And I've
never patched anything on my system. I assume I do the following to
patch my LMS 7.8 on my vortexbox (fedora linux machine).

0. Save my original copy of ProtocolHandler.pm in case of a problem.
Mine is at:

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Slim/Plugin/Sirius/ProtocolHandler.pm

1. download the patch file to a location on my vortexbox server. I'll
use the "backup subdirectory in my file storage directory:

/storage/backup

2. Log into my vortexbox with command line.  I think my equivalent to
opt/logitechmediaserver is:    opt/vortexbox  (there is no other
subdirectory under "opt" and vortexbox is the "name" of my linux server.
So with command line, I'd enter the following to change to the
appropriate subdirectory:

cd /opt/vortexbox

3. enter the following via command line:

patch -p1 /storage/backup/lms-7.8-sirius-not-auth.patch

4. restart LMS.

(I assume if it doesn't work, I can take the previously saved copy of
ProtocolHandler.pm and copy it back over to:
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Slim/Plugin/Sirius/

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify