808htfan wrote:
> Thank you for the explanation.
>
> I guess I will start with PPTP, I'd also like to learn how to use
> OpenVPN.
>
> Regarding OpenVPN and Tomato, I found this
> http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/3922956/Setting-Up-a-VPN-Server-on-a-Tomato-Router-Part-1.htm,
> though it's dated 2011.  Somewhere for me to start...

I also found this,
http://dev.mensfeld.pl/2014/07/setting-up-a-vpn-server-on-a-tomato-router-wrt54gl/

I've downloaded OpenVPN for Win here
http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html, and the easyrsa
zip from here https://github.com/OpenVPN/easy-rsa

I think I can manage generating the certificates as shown in one/both of
the guides.  As for the iOS device, I don't see an OpenVPN section in
Settings-->General-->VPN.  It's an old iPhone 3GS a friend gave me to
use as a wifi only device, so it's stuck on iOS 6.  Do I need to put
something like the OpenVPN Connect app
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/openvpn-connect/id590379981?mt=8 on it?

Also, the guide suggests I change the subnet from 192.168.1.1 to
something else because of potential conflicts.  Does that matter if I'm
only connecting a few clients from the outside to my router?

Thanks!

I want NBC's *-Ed-* on DVD/Blu-ray!