Hechtus wrote:
> As I'm the author of the Google Play Music plugin I'd like to give some
> hints. First of all the plugin is currently tested and supported on
> Linux-based systems only. Windows and Mac OS are not supported so far.
> The reason for this is that the Google API being used is written in
> Python and I do not have any plans to port it to Perl, the programming
> language of the Logitech Media Server (LMS).
>
> It would be great if someone would try to find a way to make this plugin
> running on Windows or Mac OS. So, I'm relying on your help. If there is
> a way to make it running on non-Linux systems I will include the
> installation procedure to the current Linux HowTo.
>
> Now the details. The Plugin which is completely written in Perl
> communicates with the Python Google API (gmusicapi) through a two Perl
> Modules: Inline and Inline::Python. The Inline module allows for
> inlining other programming languages. Inline::Python is for inlining
> Python. Thus, both modules have to be installed in a way that the Perl
> interpreter of the LMS can use them. If done correctly (at least for
> Inline) the "Can't locate Inline.pm in @INC" error should be fixed.
>
> I have no clue how Python on Windows has to be installed to be able to
> inline it with Perl. But I'm quite sure it is doable. One thing that
> needs to be solved is this: "Previous versions of Inline::Python worked
> on Windows and Cygwin -- this version has never been tested there. I
> strongly suspect it will require patching. Please send me patches." It
> comes from the documentation page of Inline::Python.
>
> There is another possibility to communicate with the Python gmusicapi.
> The gmusicapi could be wrapped into a Python Proxy server run on the LMS
> host. There is something similar out there: gmusicproxy. The Plugin
> could send requests to the proxy using JSON. This approach would avoid
> the use of the Perl modules Inline and Inline::Python.
>
> So, any volunteers?

Hi Hechtus, 1st huge thanks for creating this plugin

I'm hitting an issue on arch linux (on ARM). I followed your install
guide and anything seemed to install and after restarting
logitechmediaserver I see your plugin, but when I enable it if fails. I
do not see where I need to enter my google user and passwd as there is
no settings that I can find.