bocaboy wrote:
> Toby10,
>
> I also own a Squeezebox Radio which, somewhat surprisingly, still works
> with Rhapsody. I'm also coming across posts saying that Spotify has
> introduced the same problem to most Squeeze devices.
>
> Today, I removed the Classic from my sound system and installed the
> radio instead. Rhapsody is now working, although I wonder how much
> longer it will be supported on this device. For now, all is good.
>
> Toby, thanks for the help. Much appreciated!
>
> BTW, I'm putting the Classic for sale up on Ebay since, if I can't
> listen to Rhapsody with it, there's no value to owning it.
>
> Have you checked this device out yet from Olive?
> http://myoliveone.com/homes/home

Rhapsody works fine with TOUCH or RADIO. It's only the older players it
doesn't work on.   Likewise, Spotify (using the official Logitech
Spotify APP) only works on RADIO and TOUCH. However, in the case of
SPOTIFY, one can install the "3rd party Spotify Plugin" in LMS and still
use the older players (I do this myself for Spotify use on my Booms and
Transporter).

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify