as you probably know, I am excitedly waiting for the release of iPeng on
Apple Watch.

It is important to understand that the watch is perfect for basic info
and commands. It is not a mini iPhone. Something some developers simply
did wrong, in trying to add too much functionality and info on the tiny
screen.

One would still use the iPhone to search the library and put together
playlists, whilst the Watch is great for seeing what is running on the
Squeezebox and seeing what is next. Or basic operations as pausing and
skipping etc.
Adding too much functionality - could be a bad thing...

I would also like to see Favourites on the watch, making a quick
selection of a radio station easy.

Many people wh have been complaining abot the watch have not quite
understood that it is sort of a remote for the iPhone or an Addon, but
not a fullfledged IOS device.

I never got the point of having your photo collection on your wrist. In
a time when they are selling gigantic phones, to make looking at photos
or surfing the web more fun, what is the point of looking at a photo the
size of a stamp?!?
Also people wanting a webbrowser. Why??????

So for iPeng, I guess - less is more - quick access with few controls is
better IMHO than many screens and functions that will only get it
bloated.

The screenshots show that it is definitely doing it right and Pippin
actually has and und understands the watch. So, I am counting the
days...

LMS 7.9.0 on Wandboard (SoA)
Synology DS-410j NAS
Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Boom, Squeezebox Radio, HifiBerry
PicorePlayer
Schiit - BIFROST Dac
Spotify Premium
iPhone: iPeng - iPad: Squeezepad, iPengHD