ismarketing wrote:
> Google Music works great for out of home listening.  A quick software
> install on your home machine, and everything you have (up to 50,000
> tracks) is available anywhere for free.

Google Music is indeed a great free backup service for your LMS but is
limited to MP3.
Pippin's guide for iPhones can easily be applied to an Android. I concur
that a VPN is best - site to site if you can as that lets you have
multiple devices on your remote site - a player and a controller for
example. A client based VPN will only see the single remote device
that's making the connection.
iPeng has bit rate limiting settings that work well with remote
streaming but not sure whether the Android players have such options.
Probably a case of trial and error.

*Vortexbox LMS 7.8 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS* -
iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 connected Digitally - > Celestion
Ditton F20s - and connected Analogue for Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 ->
Sennheiser RS 130
*Office* - SB3 -> Sony TA FE320 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 ->
Wharfedale Modus Cubes