epoch1970 wrote:
> I praise your creativity.
> Your discussion on a 3D printed case for picore (other thread, earlier)
> made me think. I thought of a player/server that would include an iThing
> dock. Seemed too ambitious.
> However I went on fantasizing about a player/server that would include
> Bluetooth "beacon" tech (to get IPeng and others to automatically select
> the closest player). After a brief search I found 'this project'
> (https://github.com/etwmc/PersonalHomeKit).
>
> It appears Siri is in the realm of Homekit, as is iBeacon... Please
> don't take my word for it and check by yourself if you care. All of this
> is way over my head.
>
> On a personal note, I don't believe at all in voice command, but a lot
> in presence detection.
>
> Anyways. Always great to see new ideas and initiatives.

I agree that presence detection is a really nice thing and I would also
gladly welcome that on my LMS system. I'm not supporting the idea of
full voice command, as pointed by pippin, it can be much less efficient
than haptics in many cases, but there are simple commands for which it
is much faster. I also think that a multi-input UI is the best way to
go, taking advantage of the most efficient mode for each situation

LMS 7.7.2 - 5 radio, 3 Boom, 4 Duet, 1 Touch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne
(sort of)