mherger wrote:
> What's wrong with Tidal's metadata and search function?

It can be very difficult to find a specific classical recording.  It
could be the under the disc title, one of the artists, the orchestra
(and Sao Paulo Orchestra will give a different result from São Paulo
Orchestra; Wiener Philharmoniker will be different from Vienna
Phiharmonic).  Also, it seems like the search results are truncated.
I've found many albums by accident.  I suspect they have recordings that
are simply unreachable with any search.

They have a limited listing of selected recent albums in the classical
genre, which seems to get only a few selected new things each month.
However, by searching on new albums I'm waiting for periodically, I can
see that there are new things being added that don't show up under the
genre listing.  But there's no way to list the latest classical albums
they've added.

As for metadata, they often don't indicate which track goes with which
work on the disc.

The hope is that since Naxos caters to classical listeners, they'll get
all this right for the albums they do carry.