IanH99 wrote:
> Lots of people use As and Bs as players, so it has enough power.
> Add the gpio header, plug in a DAC and you can have the equivalent of
> the receiver.
> With SD card, wifi dongle, power supply and a case you would still have
> change out of £50

Pimoroni have a tiny matching little dac hat for £16 coming along:
https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/phat-dac. If you are sufficiently
non-audiophile to consider a 3.5mm good enough, this will allow very
cheap and tiny headless player - about £30 all in. I like that the stack
will only be around 15mm high, with all connectors on one side - the
current pi sandwiches look a bit ugly to me, in or out of a case.

The nuisance is the networking - micro-usb to usb adapter + wifi dongle
is the sensible option, but that won't be terribly pretty.