epoch1970 wrote:
> Yes, I've though about this and for me the only room in the home where
> you may be highly constrained in terms of attention or physical
> interaction is the kitchen. Cooking is a bit like driving, accidents
> happen if you don't pay attention. (If I were spending any time in my
> kitchen) I suppose I'd appreciate voice control, even for music.

It's a bit of a fallacy to think that voice control doesn't require
attention. Quite to the contrary, the lack of visual input (that you can
easily revisit, too) means it requires MORE attention than other means
of control, not less.
It's just that you don't have to take your eyes off the road and you
have the hands free (especially in the kitchen).

A good example are hands-free phone docks in cars. They are now required
pretty much everywhere but that's just a subsidy for vendors. Studies
show they have exactly no impact on the accident rates because it's the
calls themselves that distract people, not holding the phone.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*