Thanks to a 'great posting by forum member dydx'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104436-Announce-We-re-updating-the-official-Spotify-app&p=860995&viewfull=1#post860995)
I've finally figured out that a.) synchronization with Spotify was
supposed to work and b.) got broken some 4-5 years ago, when Spotify
asked us to improve authentication with their systems.

I think I've found a solution to this problem. While it's not perfect,
it should work in most cases. Eg. you might need to restart playback
once you've synchronized to players playing some Spotify content. But
from then on it should just work.

Before I roll out this change to mysb.com I'd love to hear some feedback
from you guys out there. Please test Spotify in a synchronized player
environment and let me know about your experience. Please update to
tomorrow's 7.7.6, 7.8.1 or 7.9.0 build and give it a good test ride.

Some caveats:

- This is still limited to SB Radio and SB Touch
- You must not be running Triode's Spotify Premium plugin or my
  Spotify Protocol Handler plugin

Thanks a lot!

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR