mherger wrote:
> > It's reassuring to know it isn't just me that this happened too.
> Scared
> > the hell out of my family.
>
> I was wondering whether this was just one guy having fun, or whether LMS
>
> exposure now is part of some penetration test or other hacker tool
> kit...
>
> --
>
> Michael

The way the attack seems to have evolved (now using scary sounding
deathmetal music) it seems like somebody having fun pulling a prank.
Shutting down squeezebox server didn't stop the music.  I was thinking
perhaps this is because it was coming form an internet radio stream?  If
that's true, it seems like somebody is tweaking the attack to maximize
the impact.  One never knows though.  In the other thread, I noticed one
affected person is from Sweden.  I am in the US.  Whoever is doing this
isn't limiting themselves to a small geographical area.

I wonder if this is being reported in the official support forum.  I
came to this forum because it is what I'm familiar with and last I knew
it was still active.

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and
Galaxy Player 4.2.  CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2
and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior