I recently bought a gigantic 10,000 lux SAD lamp which I have rigged up
to a Squeezebox, my alarm clock. The SAD lamp is plugged into an X10
appliance socket that I can control from my LMS Linux host to turn the
SAD lamp on automatically when the alarm clock is triggered. I have it
all working, with the SAD lamp activation delayed for five minutes after
the alarm starts the radio. As I was not prepared to buy another alarm
clock that can raise the light level gradually, this one comes on
instantly when powered. Of course this presents a problem that I might
be looking directly at it as it turns on and I'm not conscious enough to
cover my eyes for the first minute or two.

So to my question...does the plugin functionality of LMS allow me to
insert an audible alert over an already playing audio stream (like the
beep, beep alarm sound)? I'm quite prepared to write the plugin, but I
cannot identify if this is even possible. Even better if a plugin exists
already that could do this via some kind of scripted event. Any
suggestions are welcome.

mattross's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=8434
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=106288