Greetings, I hoping that one of the experts here can help me with a
long-standing issue.

In a nutshell:  I have some music files that play fine on a Squeezebox2
and a Squeezebox3, but when I play them on a Transporter, they play back
twice as fast.  And I mean that quite literally:  the music sounds like
The Chipmunks on speed, and you can even see the elapsed time indicator
on the display ticking off two seconds at a time.  Because they play
fine on the SB2/SB3, I presume this isn't a server issue (unless there
are Transporter-specific server settings that I'm unaware of), so I'm
wondering if there is a property of the music file that might be causing
this.

Some additional details:  I have a collection of laserdiscs, and one of
the hallmarks of LDs is that they have the capacity for (essentially)
CD-quality audio, and there are many music LDs that are noteworthy for
having fantastic sound, with even a better dynamic range than an
equivalent CD.  I have a few of these LDs, and I am trying to rip their
audio tracks into a format that I can play on my home audio systems.
Analogue rips work just great, no problems there.  The 2x playback
problem, however, occurs with digital rips of the LD's digital stereo
audio track.  The LD's native digital audio is Redbook-esque, but not
precisely so, being 16 bit and 44056 Hz.  I capture the audio with
Audacity via direct TOSLINK connection at exactly the same
specifications (16 bit and 44056 Hz).  The rips play back fine in
Audacity, and after I export the tracks as flac files, they play just
fine on everything I've tried, including the SB2 and SB3, and perhaps a
dozen different types of media-playing software.  On the Transporter
(and only the Transporter (that I have been able to tell)),
mysteriously, they play back at double speed.

I've tried upsampling the music files to Redbook specs (44.1 kHz), in
case the oddball sample rate was confusing it, but that didn't help.
The problem isn't limited to flac files as well:  I've converted a
couple of these problematic flac files to aiff, and the problem persists
(with the exact same symptoms:  plays fine on everything but
Transporter).

In case it's not obvious, these digitally-ripped LD tracks are the only
files that I've encountered this problem with.  I have a pretty large
music library, containing mostly flac, ogg vorbis and mp3 files, and I
have never encountered this issue with the Transporter before, until I
did these digital rips from LD.

I think that summarizes it.  Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated, and if anyone wants to investigate, I can
provide a track or two.