First of all it's SqueezeboxServer and Prefs not squeezeboxserver or
prefs. Linux is case sensitive.
And then you can see in WinSCP, that there is indeed no favorites.opml
in Prefs. On my QNAP there is, so what did you do to delete that file?
;)

Could you please post the output of
Code:
    ls -l /opt/

Then LMS states, there is already another copy running. If possible
restart your NAS completeley and have a look at the server.log of LMS
afterwards.

BTW you can copy text in Putty by seleting it with the mouse. To insert
it in a posting simply press CTRL+V. To make look it nicer you could
embed it in CODE-tags as I did with the ls command.