Hi,
I'm looking for a bit of advice from all the knowledgeable folk on here
:-)
I currently have quite a few Squeezebox devices round the house. I don't
have a server. My main PC is on 24/7 and all my music and movies are on
an external HDD. LMS runs on the PC. I like LMS. It's fast to navigate
my music round the house and from what I've read here it's still pretty
much the best solution for large music libraries.

My daughter currently streams movies to a WDTV Live box. It works fine,
but it's interface is so slow. The good thing about it is it's ability
to pull movies straight from my PC without additional server software
running.
I'm looking at more modern and faster alternatives for streaming the
movies....eg, Amazon Fire stick, Chromecast, Roku. They all seem to
require something like Plex running on my PC?
So my questions are -

1. Is it ok to run LMS and Plex together on PC?
2. Is there a better solution that just pulls movies from PC like the
old WDTV live does?
3. Should I bite the bullet and get a separate server for music and
Movies?

All suggestions are welcome :-))
Thanks in advance