I do understand that many like to be able to access their music while on
the road, at work, away from home. But please do NOT configure your
router to forward those ports to the internet. While this is easy to do,
it's dangerous. LMS was not designed to be used this way. Any user out
there (incl. me and your neighbor's kids you hate so much) could access
your LMS and do all kinds of things.

- blast crazy stupid music at full volume in the middle of the night.
And then again five minutes after you turned it off. Repeat.
- install the Gallery plugin and have it scann all your folder of all
your disks, causing a crash sooner or later
- install any plugin they want, including their own development, doing
things we don't even know about

On systems where LMS is running as root/admin the last one is
particularly dangerous. We have evidence of these kinds of "attacks"
almost on a daily basis now. See various threads in this forum.

Now you might think "who would be interested in finding my IP address
and port used?". Your neighbor's kid. Or some bored soul seeking some
kick. Because it's easy. There are search engines who list your computer
and port. No need to figure this one out yourself. And the have some
fun. NOT!

So please: review your router's settings. Block those ports. Install a
VPN if you need access to your music.

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR