d6jg wrote:
> Yesterday I spun up a Plex server. Main reason was films ripped from DVD
> but I let it scan my music while it was at it. When it finished (quite a
> few hours later) I had a play with the Plex app on my iPhone.
> Underwhelmed on the music front. LMS coupled with iPeng does everything
> Plex does and a whole lot more.
> Perfectly ok for films though.
.
.
.
My main Servers are both Vortexboxes. One is for Music and the other is
for Movies (One can run movies and music on one server but because my
music and movie libraries dwarf several hundred average Squeezebox users
collections, I run one for each format). The Vortexbox is its own OS
Server based off of Fedora. It comes with LMS installed and after one
click in the GUI to upgrade, one can add PLEX for Movies also. It also
auto rips DVD, BluRay, and CDs. I have been running Vortexbox for years
without issue. Plex does a good job plus adding Tonido to both Servers
allows one to remotely search the server when shopping for movies or
music to make sure one doesn't buy a movie or CD one already has!
Squeezebox and LMS rule as far as I am concerned. It has worked
flawlessly for over a decade for me. 95% of the people having problems
either couldn't follow simple directions or didn't have a clue about
creating a robust wireless network. Out of the hundreds of Squeezebox
systems I personally troubleshot and fixed, most were proved to be a
WiFi issue after I ran Ethernet to all the players (eliminating the
Squeezeboxes, Server, and LMS as the issue).

I don't send time messing with my setup, I send my time Listening to
Music and auto-ripping CDs and Movies! Thanks to Sean, Dean, Caleb,
Michael, Joerg (at iPeng), all the Beta Guys, and so many others that
made Slim Devices what it was and what it is: The Best Loss-Less
Server/Player based Music Streaming option available today!!!
.
.

*iPhone*
Media Room:
ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp,
Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers:
Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video:
Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model
3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini