Goodsounds wrote:
> No matter how simple for many, these are not things I have an interest
> in doing.

Here's a nice pre-built option.  Once piCorePlayer has been written to
the SD card, this is a "plug-and-play" Squeezebox.  At $275 shipped it's
twice the price of doing it yourself, but you get a nice case with power
button and what appear to be quality parts:
'AUDIOPHONICS RASPDAC LTE I-SABRE V3 - STREAMER RASPBERRY PI & DAC TCXO'
(https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/raspdac-rasptouch/audiophonics-raspdac-lte-es9023-sabre-tcxo-network-player-raspberry-pi-3-p-11991.html)

And remember, any old smartphone or tablet can become a basic Squeezebox
with the installation of a cheap player app.  There are many Android
mini-PCs marketed on eBay as "TV boxes" that will do the job.  Use the
analog output or add a USB DAC.  Here's one:
'X96MINI S905W Android 7.1.2 Nougat 4K Quad Core Smart TV BOX WIFI MINI
PC Media'
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/X96MINI-S905W-Android-7-1-2-Nougat-4K-Quad-Core-Smart-TV-BOX-WIFI-MINI-PC-Media-/292230374044)

When and if the time comes, someone will be here to help you.