jimzak wrote:
> Why does it scan at different rates at different times?

if you using some plugins like artist information and you add only
tracks from already known artists - that plugin didnt need to fetch and
manage artist info for these Artists anymore. If you add fresh artist -
it had to and needs time.

If you using a "dedicated" LMS Server with free ram - (like me) you
could expect always nearly the same amount of time for a scan.
If you didnt - you cant expect that.

If you reboot your lms Server System and do a rescan - it may be faster
than a rescan with some ram usage of eg. firefox or similar.

In my long time with lms i can tell you RAM & CPU and the way your
library is attached to the lms system - that matters for scantime.

Debian Strech 81.453 Tracks from 2.549 on a I7 3.8 Ghz System with 8GB
Ram needs 31 minutes.
Debian Strech 81.453 Tracks from 2.549 on a Pentium M 1.8 Ghz System
with 4 GB Ram needs 51 minutes.