I've been automating my LMS playback using web requests using the
Titlesearch command. I often request tracks that exist on many albums
(e.g. studio, live, cover versions by different artists...). Is there a
way of searching for a specific track on a specific album?

I don't think you can do this in a single request. You could do a "tracks 0 999 search:sledgehammer album_id:999", but you'd first have to figure out the album_id.

If you have 7.9's fulltext search enabled, you could simply search for "sledgehammer so". But there's no quantifier to tell the search that "so" is supposed to be the album.

--

Michael