ryangodammit wrote:
> I am using Jivelite, squeezelite doesn't have any keyboard control
> functions.
>
> I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the InputToActionMap.lua file so
> I can change the set_preset_1 key to a key that doesn't require shift.
>
> InputToActionMap.lua doesn't seem to be in the same place as stated in
> the instructional post
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?105117-lirc-rpi-gpio-IR-support-for-picoreplayer&p=883651&viewfull=1#post883651
>
> I have found it in the ./tmp folder and the ./opt folder but have yet
> not tested changing these ones. Shall I give it a try? Whats the best
> way of rolling back to a copy of picoreplayer I know I haven't broken-
> make an iso copy?
It's located at
/tmp/tcloop/pcp-jivelite/opt/jivelite/share/jive/jive/InputToActionMap.lua
in pcp, but it's read only.  You need to copy it as I described in that
post.

The set_preset_*N* keys map to HOLDING the function keys F*N* however
the InputToActionMap.lua file only includes a mapping for setting preset
1 with a "standard key press".

To set presets 2-6 you have to press and hold the corresponding function
key.

The number keys play a preset, if a value has been set.

Note that although lms supports 10 presets for each player from 0-9 both
jivelite and squeezeplay only support setting 1-6 thought the keyboard
interface, which is what lirc uses to communicate with jivelite.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.