stephenkca wrote:
> Purchased a copy of SqueezePlayer for an ancient Samsung Galaxy S3
> running GINGERBREAD.LKG2, no longer with a valid SIM. (I just want
> something with Wifi and Bluetooth to talk to my music server and
> bathroom fan speaker, respectively. Cheapest way to go is to use the old
> phone lying in the junk drawer.)
>
> The phone just started to give me the following message (verbatim) when
> trying to run SqueezePlayer:
>
> "SqueezePlayer could not verify it's Android Market License. Please make
> sure you have a valid internet-connection for the check to succeed"
>
> The internet connection works. Play Store can talk to the network and
> knows SqueezePlayer is installed. I have turned on background data under
> Settings > Accounts and Sync.
>
> Why does SqueezePlayer not verify the licence?

I'm getting exactly the same on an old Archos 101 tablet and Galaxy Ace
phone with no SIM. Both were working perfectly, the tablet up to around
3 weeks ago and the phone until last Friday. The Play store even updated
SqueezePlayer on the phone a few weeks ago (I'd not turned it on for
around a year).

SqueezePlayer is working on my Galaxy S2 but that is the phone I use all
day as a phone so don't want to drain the battery playing music on it.

Surely verification of the license doesn't depend on the Android
version.