jonblauch wrote:
> Thanks for the words of advice.....I have connected the SqueezeBox 3 to
> the network directly ( wired vs wireless) and have the same symptoms.  I
> have already done the reset/update firmware procedures.   I have not
> opened up the unit.  @alfista - I did not remove the WLAN board as you
> suggest, but it does seem all signs point to the unit itself.  Agreed?

I haven't had the problem myself, but as far as I understand the WLAN
card problem will cause reboots as long as the card is present in the
unit, even if you run wired.
To me this seems like a hardware problem, internal to the unit or in the
external power supply.

jonblauch wrote:
> I am inclined to buy a whole "new" replacement  unit on ebay or through
> Amazon.    Any thoughts on whether it is worth it to "upgrade" to the
> Squeezebox touch?  If i buy the same v3,  will my current remote work
> with the replacement unit ( the ones sold through Amazon often are
> missing the remote.)

Your remote will work. For me the v3 is the perfect fit for form factor
and function, Touch has some advantages but it's difficult to say if
they're worth it without knowing how you use your SB.