mandryka wrote:
> I've got a feeling I was too laconic in the opening post, so let me
> spell out what I want to do.
>
> I want to access my music through my smartphone while away from my
> house. That's to say, I want to use the internet on my phone to access
> my LMS and then choose music,  and have it beamed back to my phone to
> play, wherever in the world I am.
>
> As far as openVPN goes, I think I can do it with my BT Router
>
> https://2ellsblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/set-up-port-fowarding-for-openvpn-on-bt-home-hub-5/
>
> I can follow those instructions till I get to the line 14 where there's
> reference to "pi-osmc"

Thats the way , get that to work and add suitable vpn app to the phone
and useiPeng for playback if you have an iPhone or a selection of other
players if you have an android phone .

If the BT router makes trouble for you why don't ditch it ? afaik it's
rarely needed to use actual hardware suggested or sold by your ISP at
least not where i live .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )