Club1820 wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> Does it matter if its 100-240v?  Most PSUs i've found on Amazon that
> supposedly work with Squeezebox are 100-240 v where as the original is
> 110-120v.   this one listed below is also 18 v.  Is that too much higher
> than the 5 v?   Sorry, I don't know anything about PSUs/voltage etc.
>
> Thanks again!!!
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Squeezebox-993-000385-534-000245-PSAA18R-180/dp/B078T7PJH7/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1543875635&sr=8-5&keywords=logitech+squeezebox+power+adapter
>
> "Input: 100-240V 50-60Hz Output:18V 1A~1.5A DC "

Be careful!!! it *must* be 5Volts output, no more, no less. The current
can be anything *above* 2A. The input of these PSU is nowadays 100-240V,
so anything including your country voltage works. So 100-240 basically
means "works everywhere in the world". The rule basically is that the
voltage is imposed by the PSU and the equipment drains the current it
needs. So even if you use a 10A "capable" PSU and the equipment needs a
0.5A, then it will drain 0.5A. But if you force 18V on something that
can only accept 5V, it will fry (there is more than that depending on
the internal of equipment, but let's keep it here for now).

The PSU you show is all wrong: 18V will kill the SB3 because it's way
above 5V and the amperage is not enough (again, it's a bit more
complicated, but anyway, don't try this one!)

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5