I've recently got two SqueezeBoxes (a v2 and a v3) so have tried
synchronisation for the first time this week.  I must admit, that this
was pretty much the experience I had as well.  I found that sometimes
it would be perfectly in sync, but others tracks would restart just
after starting and result in the synchronisation being way out.  I
haven't yet had a chance to look into this properly.

Max

--
max.spicer

The wild things roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible
teeth
and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws
but Max stepped into his private boat and waved good-bye