mr-b wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to have occasional access to my LMS from an Android device but
> it will most likely be from a spotty wifi connection abroad (or
> cellular/mobile data) so I'd like for the data to be economical (given
> my library is all flac).
>
> Ive got ZeroTier One VPN loaded onto my LMS Windows machine plus Android
> client, but would like to know what's best to optimise the data side.
> BubbleUPnP sounded ideal but couldn't get it to work, as I struggled
> with all the diffirent terminology (media renderers, openhome, DLNA etc.
> etc.)
>
> Shoud I persist with that, or are there other better/simpler solutions?

If you use lms and i’m sure there is a ”squeezeplayer” or someting that
can be a player on Andriod and there are several controll apps as you
now , then in lms you can configure bit rate limiting for that player (
its in the player settings ) having everything encoded at set mp3 rate
like 128kbps

Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x
sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2