DEAR FIENDS AND USERS OF ICKSTREAM,

Over the last 7 years we have tried to build a bridge between quickly
evolving streaming music market and the longer-term focused audio
hardware market. We have learned that sometimes legal and strategic
aspects are more important than to have a good and affordable product
that solves a problem for a customer. We have come to a point where
proceeding would require significant investments in time and money and
this is something we can't justify ourselves at this stage.

Due to all these developments and with a heavy heart we have to announce
that we don't see a perspective for us to keep operating the ickStream
service for an extended time.

Therefore, we decided to shut down the ickStream service at the end of
May 2019.
After that, the ickStream services and any ickStream plugins you may use
will cease to function.

As a user, you might want to look out for alternative service
implementations.

As a partner or user of our technology, please be aware that products
relying on our services will no longer work after that date.

If your company still feels the need to use some of our technology or
has the need for or interest in a continued service, please feel free to
contact us, we are open for all kind of options including licensing,
sale of our technology or the ickStream GmbH company.

Our open source software will still be available under the license
agreements they were published under, restrictions (especially those
imposed by third parties) will continue to apply. Unfortunately,
releasing the whole platform under open source is not an option due to
restrictions imposed by our streaming service partners.

For users of the Squeezebox platform: you will find that for a lot of
the services which were supported through ickStream there are
alternatives, either through Logitech's MySqueezebox.com service or
third part plugins.

The iPeng App is unrelated to ickStream and will continue to work and
will be see continued development going forward.

It was a pleasure to work with you all, we hope to see you all again in
other circumstances.

Cheers
*Your ickStream team*

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*