I recently upgraded my Tidal account to flac and I've experienced some
of the same problems with Tidal buffering. I'm streaming wireless to an
SB3 using proxied streaming. LMS on a Windows 10 desktop running 7.9
hardwired to router. All local flac files stream fine, Radio Paradise
flac streams fine and Tidal directly to my laptop works fine. I
typically access Tidal through ickStream - not sure if that matters or
not. The problem is intermittent - hours of Tidal streaming with no
issues at all and then rebuffering. Generally after rebuffering it will
jump to the next track on the playlist and stream fine for some period
of time. I'm somewhat suspicious of short internet dropouts causing the
problems - someone on the forum mentioned the SB3's have a small buffer
so even short dropouts could cause streaming issues. Not sure why it
would only impact Tidal streams and not other streaming services. I need
to install an uptime monitor on my laptop to try to see if there is a
correlation between dropouts and streaming problems.

FWIW, I have the exact same setup at a vacation property with LMS on a
Windows 10 laptop with the same issues.