I tried a different take on this, casting the web interface, in this
case the Now Playing of the Material skin, to the Google Nest Hub.
The word to note here is the "casting" bit, my home automation
controller (Homey) allows me to cast a web page to a specific Chromecast
player, but I'm sure there are software available to be run on our
servers that can achieve the same thing. The key is that it's the server
that initiates this instead of you pointing your display to a specific
source. In many cases I think this can be beneficial, perhaps the
community can come up with more ideas based on this.

One thing to remember is that this particular setup can not be both
controller and player. I can use the castbridge plugin to play on the
device, but that stream will replace the stream with the control
interface and vice versa. Perhaps this could be solved if it was
integrated in the same plugin, but as the sound from this device is far
from exciting, I don't care.

Anyway, I got a tidy interface on my device with minimal tinkering.
27887

|Filename: hub_control.jpg                                          |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27887|