garym wrote:
> I can't speak to Daphile particularly or the remote access, but the rest
> of your planned setup will work well, and is the standard approach for
> many (that is, server running LMS and holding files sitting far away,
> connected via ethernet to LAN, then some sort of endpoint (rpi running
> squeezelite, hardware squeezebox, or computer running squeezelite0, and
> all this controlled with almost any sort of smart phone/tablet.

Thanks for your reply. So you confirm that I will be able to get bit
perfect audio from the Pi. I will be waiting for other opinions on
Dapahile (what troubles me most is that Dapahile seems to be designed to
work directly with a DAC without an additional Squeezelite installation,
while I plan to use it without the DAC directly attached to it).