> http://somafm.com/illstreet64.pls
>
> plays fine (nice tunes by the way)
>

> Platform Architecture
> x86_64-linux
> Perl Version
> 5.22.2-x86_64
> database Version
> DBD::SQLITE_1.34_01(SQLITE 3.77.1)

Good - that means it is not a platform or a wider transcoding issues -
just specific to MP4 streams.

I don't know Mixcloud but LMS is currently unable to transcode MP4
stream (e.g. MP4 podcast) , LMS is OK with MP4 file and with player who
can play MP4 natively such as Touch/Radio and Squeezelite.

There is a way to enable LMS but it means installing ffmpeg( aka avconv)
on your system to do the MP4 transcoding instead of faad.

To confirm my suspicion - can you enable logging
"WebUI/Setting/Advanced/Loging) and set player.source to INFO, note time
and then try to play a problem track.
The copy the all log output from noted time to a post.