Wombat wrote:
> I am also convinced no one really needs more than 16bits for playback
> and hearing highs above 20kHz in music is wishfull thinking even for
> younger people.
> The encrypted ~17/96 MQA compresses worse as if you simply offer a 17/96
> flac without MQA sauce. The only magic is that it forces some non-linear
> filter and lousy upsampling on playback in the hardware.
> MQA was meant to protect and DRM ordinary music. Bandwith savings in the
> days of 4k is no longer a reason.

Yes. It's clever. Deviously so.

Michael Graves

House: RPi3 + HifiBerry Pro XLR, M-Audio BX5As
Home Office: RPi3 + HifiBerry Pro XLR, M-Audio BX5A D2, Berhringer
B2092A subwoofer
Workshop: RPi3 + HifiBerry Pro XLR, Alesis ProLinear 820s, JBL
subwoofer
Back Yard: SB3, Dayton Amp, Definitive Tech AW6500s
Front Yard: SB3, SMSL Q5 Amp, Definitive Tech AW5500s
SqueezeCenter on FreeNAS Mini with 10 TB

email: mgraves <at> mstvp.com
blog: http://www.mgraves.org