Roland0 wrote:
> A (quite entertaining) 'review'
> (https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2019/09/neil-young-feel-music-evolved-and-half-assed/599044/)
> at The Atlantic

With wonderfully silly prose like "MP3s, and I’ll try to be as
scientific as I can here, are evil. They go against God/nature by
chopping music into numbers. I’m with Young 100 percent on this.
Beautiful flowing music, sliced to bits! And what is the devil’s price
for having the entire Tangerine Dream back catalog at your fingertips?
Why, shitty sound quality. The sound coming out of my Bluetooth speaker
is no longer a dimension; it’s a narrow pulse, a serrated wave.
Bass-blurts, ragged spikes of treble, a terrible crowdedness or
crammedness in the midrange. My old-fart ears are squeaking in
discomfort. The acoustic environment, like every other environment, is
being degraded." :)

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953