edwin2006 wrote:
> What to say :(
> It's a pity that the sb3's have to end this way. Are you willing to do a
> sb3's repair without any guaranty that they last? Just to find the why
> they fail?
> I guess there would be enough people who would send you a defective sb3
> just for study.

Well, I need to cover my back here. I can accept SB3 repairs but only if
liability is explicitly excluded, i.e. if I break the SB3, it's a pity
but I can't replace any more SB3 CPU boards as I have only just a few
SB3 units in stock and each time this defect happens, I have to gut
another one. It's just so sad. So before sending your SB3 off to me,
better say your goodbyes because it's possible, not to say likely, that
it will not get fixed but get worse in condition. It's out of my
control. Therefore, I think it doesn't make sense if you send me an SB3
where the TOSLINK LED is already dim and the power supply was ruled out
as the culprit. This is the state that six of my SB3 boards are in right
now. I won't find out the reason, probably nobody ever will unless
Logitech discloses the technical documentation.:confused:
Philippe_44 (see post above) will take care of the defective boards in
attempting a CPU replacement; we are in pretty close contact about this
lately. Let's see how that turns out. If good, he may be the go-to
address in such cases, much rather than me.

So yeah, that's the state of things. I'll update you as soon as I know
more.

Cheers,
Joe

PN me if your Boom / Classic / Transporter display has issues!

Blog:
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?rinli=1&pli=1&blogID=5053304027701850753#allposts