shadowlight wrote:
> Are there any plans to release the centrally hosted code as open
> source?

Unfortunately, releasing the whole platform under open source is not an
option due to restrictions imposed by our streaming service partners.

Theoretically we could release the parts of the central code which isn’t
related to integration with streaming services but we have decided to
not do that right now since there is a bit of work to package it and it
wouldn’t be useful for anything without the streaming service
integrations.

At this moment we would also prefer if someone was interested to take
over the whole platform since that would mean that ickStream could
continue to live and our streaming service integrations could be reused.
Due to restrictions imposed by our streaming partners this would only be
possible by licensing the technology or acquire the company.

The centrally hosted code is not really useful for personal use, it’s
only useful for a company that wants to operate a centrally managed
multi user platform.

Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland)