itm wrote:
> I'm looking for a new receiver to replace my Onkyo TX-NR515, which
> suffers from frequent HDMI audio drop-outs. I'm considering the Sony
> STR-DN1080, which seems to be DLNA-capable. I was wondering whether
> anyone here has the DN1080, and can tell me whether it can be recognised
> as a DLNA renderer by LMS? (using the DLNA plugin)?
> The other receiver that I'm considering is the Denon X2600H, but I don't
> think that has DLNA support.

Unless you have 24 bit music you may be better off looking for a
Receiver with AirPlay or Chromecast built in as Phillipe's bridge
plugins for these protocols (?) are more likely to work out of the box
than the uPnP bridge if that is what you mean.

Using native DLNA should work but control is far far better if the
device uses any of the bridges and therefore becomes a full SB player.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng