dmcdayton wrote:
> I heard a rumor that Logitech product management has now recognized
> that:
> -In 2020, 80% of the music business will be streaming content
> -That their SlimDevices Squeezebox line may have been 10 years ahead of
> its time.
> -That there still isn't a product on the market that streams as easy or
> as well as the original SB3 Classic and Squeezebox Touch, even 10 years
> later.
> -That even now, years past purchase, they have a large, loyal, dedicated
> fan base with a hunger for a new product.
> -That the vast majority of stereo owners would love to move to streaming
> but don't need a new receiver or amp, just something to deliver the
> music.
> [...]
> Come on Logitech, get back in the game. You could still be the standard
> bearer of the streaming age.

Agree with your sentiment. I haven't found anything that is better all
around than the SB Radios. Logitech was way ahead of Sonos, and then
just stepped aside and gave Sonos *YEARS* to attempt to catch up. Give
me a stereo radio with Alexa built in or another voice control option,
and I'd upgrade every Radio in my house. My kids can't be bothered to
use radio controls -- they'll walk downstairs to the tiniest speaker in
our house and ask Alexa to play a song.

I'd add that it should have an integrated LMS server installed with
great defaults because that kind of target audience today would probably
be for households that own ONE squeezebox, as opposed to me with my...
10 or so...

Here's my wishlist for the new year:

- Wish Michael and the contributors here all the best. I don't expect
any profound reversal from Logitech, but I would be happy to be
surprised.
- Hope the SB community continues to grow in new places -- I've recently
gotten into home automation using hass.io -- squeezeboxes work fantastic
in this, and I bet a lot of home automation nuts who are putting
raspberry pis in every room for bluetooth presence detection would be
interested in being able to send audio messages to any room via
squeezebox hassio integration -- there's probably a growing demand for a
raspberry pi distro build customized for home automation... (maybe when
I finish all those other projects... I'll think about this)
- Wish there was a squeezepad app for my iPhone - I have all the others,
but I just really like squeezepad on my ipad as a control surface
- Wish we had a working SiriusXM app
- Wish there were more SB Radio-like hardware options for PiCorePlayer
that had knobs and buttons so I wouldn't have to design and build my own