Help is very much needed here.

My SBT is fed to an external DAC and thereafter an amplifier. For a long
time I have noticed that there is an extremely loud
clipping/crackling/scratchy distorted sound (of almost explosive
proportions) when changing between tracks that have different sampling
or bit rates, or between flac and mp3 tracks. Not sure when changing
from a lower rate to a higher rate or the other way round.

Unfortunately, after many occasions of that loud distortion/noise my
tweeters are fried, i think. (or could it be the amp?)

I'm in the process of getting a new pair, but am desperately seeking
advice on how to safely use the SBT with a new pair of speakers so as to
avoid a repeat of this debacle.

Advice is most appreciated.

Regards
Fred