I am running SqueezePlayer on my Shield TV and it works well with Orange
Squeeze. There are some downsides though:

1. SqueezePlayer has to be side loaded and therefore is not displayed as
an app tile on the main screen. I have to use a side load launcher to
get it running
2. Orange Squeeze has to be side loaded and can be started from
SqueezePlayer with the TV remote but the remote can not be used for
navigation in Orange Squeeze

SB Player by angryGoat is in the Play store and comes up as compatible
with the Nvidia Shield TV so can anyone confirm it will appear as a tile
on the Shield main screen and allow TV remote navigation? Does any
player app allow TV remote navigation?