MarSOnEarth wrote:
> This is what I mean... so many names, and some even changing over time
> for the same thing. But what I'm trying to understand is maybe different
> still. Yes, technically the RPis (in my case) running Squeezelite are
> the hardware players, *but* they are totally controlled (in my case) by
> a WebGUI on port 9000 to LMS. This is the user facing player I/F, right?
> So, programmatically, what is this I/F called?
>
> P.S. Actually, to use different terminology, wouldn't RPis running
> Squeezelite be "renderers"?

A “renderer” is DLNA terminology. LMS is most definitely not to compared
to DLNA it’s far better.

Think of it like this
LMS = server
Then you have the following
Player
Controller
Player/Controller

The web gui on port 9000 is a controller
Squeezelite is a player
Squeezelite-X is a player/controller
Squeezeplay is a player/controller
SB Radio is a player/controller
SB 3 is a player
IPeng is a controller with optional player
Etc

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng