Every now and then I get the urge to have a search through the forums to
see if anyone has come up with a neat way of producing a list of albums,
using LMS as the source. I'll describe what I've successfully been
doing, but it is clunky, is based on a Windows PC, and won't appeal to
anyone looking for a simple one-click option. Samples of my output are
available on these pages: https://wbeachdave.weebly.com/artists.html and
https://wbeachdave.weebly.com/albums.html

I found an open-source app called "DB Browser for SQLite" that lets
people like me peep into SQLite databases - https://sqlitebrowser.org/
LMS settings information page includes the path to the "Cache", where
the library.db file is. (I copy the library file to the PC so I don't
accidentally damage it)
On the PC, opening the library.db file in DB Browser displays the
contents of the library, both structure and data. And that's where it
gets a bit more interesting with more steps needed to progress from
seeing the data on screen to having the data in a usable form.

If there are any other (relative) novices who'd like further info on how
I got from displaying the library in DB Browser to having usable album
lists, just comment below. If there's any interest, I'll write up the
steps I used, and put them in a new thread.
Have fun!

Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 6 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP >
Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
Library: External USB drive
Android: Squeezer app