I've recently found in my LMS library a number of "orphaned genres" - a
genre that appears in the library but the default web interface shows
the content as "Empty". Android app "Squeezer" on my phone also shows
'Empty', but Material Skin web interface on my PC lists albums (and not
'Empty' as in the default web interface). I've fixed the tags in the
albums that Material Skin showed, but was surprised that the genre
content would be different in the two web interfaces. Is that normal?

And just so that I can be clear about what's going on - is it correct to
say that if a genre appears in the library, somewhere in the library
there must be a tag with that name?

Current LMS is "Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1595835082 @ Mon
Jul 27 10:20:00 CEST 2020"

Thanks for any wisdom!

Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 6 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP >
Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
Library: External USB drive
Android: Squeezer app