LovelyBrook wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have had no problems connecting my device to wireless in the past.  I
> have a number of squeezebox radios I have been using for many years.  I
> had to change Internet providers.  They sent a new modem.  None of my
> devices would connect to the new wireless network from the new modem.  I
> have done factory resets, power cycles, etc.  Same with the new modem.
> Simply won't connect.
>
> I borrow and try other modems and they connect.
>
> At this point, it is going to be expensive and a lot of hassle to
> completely change Internet providers in hopes of getting a modem that
> will work with my devices.  And it is a roll of the dice.
>
> Can you think of anything else I can do to try fix this connectivity
> problem with the new wireless network?  I am unable to run cable for a
> variety of reasons.
>
> Thanks.

You can always add an external router (that does WIFI) to the modem
provided by the internet provider.  You might list the make and model of
your modem/router as others might have suggestions for that model. Could
be a setting related to type of wifi a/b/g/n etc.    Your new
modem/router may have b/g turned off.  Squeezeboxes don't use N for
wifi.  Check your modem/router settings for this.

*Home:* VBA2.5 4TB -or- rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>foobar2000
*The Wild: *rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS &
Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64)
*Files:* -Ripping-: dbpoweramp > FLAC; -Post-rip-: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
-Streaming:- Spotify