Hi, how do I configure my LMS server so that it'll automatically convert
24bit flacs down to 16bit 44.1 flac/wav when I am playing on my SB1?
(firmware v40).

Right now when I play 24bit flacs, I just get hiss (on both digital out,
and analog out). I looked through all the settings in LMS, the only
thing I saw was "bit rate limiting", which is not what I want. I don't
want to limit the bitrate, I want to convert based on source file type.

I have piCorePlayer 7.01 and LMS 8.1.1 running from a Pi. I also
installed pcp-lame.tcz and pcp-sox.tcz extension, but it made no
difference. Still getting hiss. Also looked at *Advanced* / *File Types*
page, but couldn't figure out if there's anything I need to do there.
(What is *I*, *R*, *F*, in the "From" column stand for?)

Ideally, LMS should know the capabilities of the various Squeezeboxes
right? Is this a bug? Is no one using SB1 anymore? It is a fine player.
;)